Sophomore Year Experience Working Group
Brian Smentkowski: email@example.com chair
Arianna Bonner: firstname.lastname@example.org note taker
Cameron Muir: email@example.com
Matt Zalman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Carroll: email@example.com
Michael Krenn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Smentkowski: email@example.com
Crystal Hendricks: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arianna Bonner: email@example.com
- Identify current culture related to the sophomore year experience. Specifically, conduct a campus audit of what programs, curricula, policies, etc. are offered by whom to sophomore students.
- Collect local data regarding the sophomore year experience at Appalachian.
- Identify best-practice strategies (i.e., benchmark against peer and UNC institutions).
- Consider the recommendations of the “Creating a Culture of Persistence/High Expectations” Committee’s (2012-2013) and the SYE report completed by University College.
- Discuss ideas with those on campus who have an opportunity to implement recommendations.
- Develop implementation recommendations based upon local data and best practices.
For more information about this subcommittee, or to provide suggestions, contact Chair, Brian Smentkowski