Each year, the Student Achievement Team uses research and assessment, in combination with the UNC and Appalachian Strategic and Assessment Plans, to develop subcommittees and their goals. Below are the the subcommittees for the 2014-2015 academic year, the goals, and their members.
- Audit Academic Achievement Recommendations
- Audit Student Retention Recommendations
- Audit Campus Community Recommendations
- Promoting Resiliency
- Elect a chair to convene and lead meetings.
- Elect a note-taker to keep minutes.
- Meet once/month (at minimum) and stay engaged via discussion forums on AsU Learn site. Successful committees meet during the Monday 1:30-3:00 time block that is already reserved.
- Post meeting minutes to AsULearn site and provide regular updates to the SAT.
- Thoroughly research the assigned topic as it relates to student achievement, retention, progression towards graduation, and potential University/stakeholder impact.
- Submit a final report of recommendations no later than April 28, 2015 to post on AsU Learn site and present to the Student Achievement Team.