Belongingness Research Group
Judy Haas firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracey Tardiff email@example.com
Jim Street firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Lovin email@example.com
Jennifer Shaffer firstname.lastname@example.org
Alisa Frizzelle email@example.com
Jennifer Prince firstname.lastname@example.org
Jayne Dowdy email@example.com – note taker
Pam Mitchem firstname.lastname@example.org - chair
- Identify relevant literature related to issues of belongingness, mattering and marginality for college students.
- Collect local data regarding feelings of belongingness among students at Appalachian.
- Identify best-practice strategies to address findings from local data (i.e., benchmark against peer and UNC institutions).
- Develop a research paper to review literature and best practice related to belongingness.
- Develop recommendations for programming or practice based upon literature, local data, and best practices.
For more information about this subcommittee, or to provide suggestions, contact Chair, Pam Mitchem